Quality Kennesaw Water Heater Services
Comprehensive Installations, Repairs & Routine Maintenance
Water heaters are responsible for providing all of the hot water you need to clean, cook, and bathe. While most water heaters are designed to last for a while—usually about 8 to 12 years—eventually they will need to be repaired or replaced altogether. When the time comes for new water heater installation, repairs on your existing unit, or complete water heater replacement, you can rely on A-Total Plumbing! Since 2001, we’ve been providing top-quality water heater services in Kennesaw, Alpharetta, and throughout Metro Atlanta. We can even help you with maintenance services to help you get the most out of your water heater!
What Would Cause a Hot Water Heater to Stop Working?
There are several reasons why your hot water heater might stop working, including lack of power, wrong water heater unit for your home, a broken valve, and more. Too often we realize something’s wrong with the hot water when we’re standing in the shower, shivering. However, you can look for signs that indicate you need Kennesaw water heater repairs.
What are the signs your hot water heater is going out?
- Unusual sounds – If you hear you strange screeching or rattling noise coming from your water heat, it can indicate a varied of issues include a broken part or sediment and mineral buildup in the unit.
- Leaks – Pools of water around your water heating unit is a clear sign that something is wrong. Before you go to assess the damage, it’s important to shut off the power to your water heater to avoid burns.
- Discolored water – Is your water suddenly gritty or muddy in color? This could be because of corroded materials that are getting released into the water.
- Foul odors – Does your hot water smell metallic or like rotten eggs? This is a clear indicator that something is wrong with your unit and needs to be checked out.
At A-Total Plumbing, our professional plumbers offer reliable Kennesaw water heater repairs. We quickly and accurately diagnose the issue before providing lasting solutions.
When Should You Replace Your Water Heater?
While we typically recommend repairs over replacement whenever possible, sometimes it’s simply time to replace your existing water heater. Many customers ask if they should replace a water heater that's over 15 years old and our answer to that is yes! Over time, the hot water in your tank can corrode and rust the metal material, making the system partial to damage.
That tank full of scalding water in your old water heater can explode if a valve fails, causing damage to your home or danger to your family. A modern water heater from Noritz is much safer, more economical, and offers greater energy efficiency.
When is it time to replace your old water heater? You might want to consider a replacement if your water heater:
- Is more than 8-12 years old
- Has been breaking down more frequently
- No longer produces hot water
- Has damage that cannot be repaired
- Has rust or corrosion on or in the tank
- Can no longer drain water through the drain valve
- Has a leak, especially if the leak is coming from the tank
If you need Kennesaw water heater replacement, our team can help! We have the tools and experience to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Whether you simply need repairs or it’s time for a complete water heater replacement, we’ll help you take a look at your options and find the right solution for your home.
We Recommend Noritz
Noritz has been making innovative products in the water heater industry for more than 60 years. Their electronically controlled, tankless heaters save you money to operate because they heat only the water you use, not a whole tank. They save space, too! These small units can fit just about anywhere, meaning you won’t have to dedicate an entire closet or outdoor area to a large, traditional tank water heater.
While we advise you to buy Noritz, A-Total Plumbing will install any brand water heater to satisfy your needs. We’re happy to answer your questions and help you find a water heater that works well for your home and your family.
Fixed our leaking toilet and replaced basement pump quickly and effectively.- Theresa H.
He was honest and respectful. I will recommend these guys to friends and family.- Dwight L.
He was personable and I would recommend them to others for plumbing needs.- Ron T.
John was helpful, courteous and very professional. We will use A-Total as our plumber from now on.- Clayton G.
Professional, friendly and highly skilled!!! Fixed both of my toilets. Very satisfied :)- Former Customer