Kennesaw Plumbing Maintenance
Serving Residents of Alpharetta, Woodstock & Metro Atlanta
Poor plumbing can weaken your water pressure and cause the pipes to leak. While these may sound like small problems, the long-term damage can be catastrophic. A burst pipe or even a slow leak over time can ruin your home. It only takes about 4,000 small drips from a leaky faucet to waste about 1 liter of water. Floors, cupboards, walls, and lower floor ceilings are all prone to water damage. Unfortunately, much of the havoc caused by water cannot be fixed easily and some of your walls, floors, or furniture may need to be replaced entirely. Plumbing maintenance can minimize the possibility of water damage in your home.
Call A-Total Plumbing at (678) 257-4359 today to schedule a house call.
Important Tips to Maintain Your Plumbing
Your plumbing system is approximately 15% of your home’s value. This investment is worth protecting with regular care. Like any part of your home, your plumbing needs attention and may need an update from time to time. A-Total Plumbing has more than 15 years of experience and the expertise to correctly diagnose your waterline, sewer line, or water heater problems.
It is important that you have someone on call to:
- Check for small leaks
- Inspect pipes and take note of their age
- Replace poor piping or fixtures
- Diagnose problems based on low water pressure, odd noises, or detectable water
You Can Protect Your Pipes
When it comes to the kitchen, it is important that you treat your sink with care. Many people flush items down their garbage disposal, only to deal with a clog later.
Avoid feeding your sink:
- Potato peels
- Stringy vegetables
- Banana peels
Also, make sure that your cold water is running when you turn on your disposal and run the water for at least 15 seconds after you have turned the disposal off.
When it comes to your bathroom, you can aid your pipes by minding the materials you put down your shower drain. Oily bath products congeal within the pipes. Make sure that your drain opening has a protective screen to catch hair. It is prudent to wait about 10 minutes between showers, as this conserves water pressure. Over time, continuous water flow can put unwanted stress on your pipes.
Do not use strong chemical drain cleaners on any of your pipes. If your plumbing system is largely constructed with metals, these abrasive cleaning products may corrode it from the inside out. If you are dealing with a serious clog, it is always best to call a plumber for assistance.
5 Ways Plumbing Maintenance Saves You Money
1. Fewer repairs that are less expensive as well - When you subscribe to regular visits from our Kennesaw plumbing maintenance experts, you'll need fewer repairs and they'll be less severe as well.
2. Longer life-span of your plumbing appliances - If you want to spend less on your plumbing, then spending less replacement and installation costs is a great place to start. Plumbing maintenance will get the most out of your existing plumbing appliances.
3. Less water damage restoration - When you're getting visited from our Kennesaw plumbing maintenance specialists, you can rest assured that you're protected from burst pipes and the potential to need to spend on water damage restoration.
4. Helps you stay under warranty - Always make sure to read the fine print of your warranties carefully but a common denominator in a lot of them is they'll require regular plumbing maintenance.
5. More predictable spending - Emergency repairs can cost you a pretty penny in service fares and possibly water damage restoration.
Let us help you maintain your plumbing! Call a Kennesaw plumbing maintenance specialists at A-Total Plumbing today at (678) 257-4359.
Fixed our leaking toilet and replaced basement pump quickly and effectively.- Theresa H.
He was honest and respectful. I will recommend these guys to friends and family.- Dwight L.
He was personable and I would recommend them to others for plumbing needs.- Ron T.
John was helpful, courteous and very professional. We will use A-Total as our plumber from now on.- Clayton G.
Professional, friendly and highly skilled!!! Fixed both of my toilets. Very satisfied :)- Former Customer